Jennifer Lucore - How Mom Made It! Playing Pickleball
She is a pickleball champion, pickleball historian and she’s in the Pickleball Hall of Fame!
Pickleball! If you don’t play, you probably know someone who does. According to the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, it’s the fastest growing sport three years in a row with more than 36-million players in the United States.
California apparently has the most players and in San Diego County, we have one of the best players in the nation. We recently had a chance to catch up with pickleball champion, pickleball historian and pickleball hall-of-famer, Jennifer Lucore. Jennifer is a native Californian and mom living in Oceanside, and has helped craft the pickleball world during her 15+ years of competition and contribution
Jennifer Lucore list of pickleball accomplishments:
- Pickleball Hall of Fame inductee
- Co-author with her mom: History of Pickleball – More Than 50 Years of Fun!
- Board of Director at Naples Pickleball Center (Pickleball capital of the world with 66 permanent courts)
- USA Pickleball Ambassador at Large (since June 2015)
- Pickleball Magazine – Board Member and Around the Post column co-contributor
- USA Pickleball Historian. Assisting the media with their research of pickleball history (got to make sure they get it right! and yes, the sport was named after the dog Pickles)
- Board of Director for the newly created team Naples JBB United, part of the National Pickleball League.
Be sure to tune in to our interview as we discuss with Jennifer
- The fact that pickleball has 36 million players in the US and why is it so popular
- Why she thinks we should all give it a try and why
- The importance of follow your passion as she did and what happens when you do
- Tips for how to find your passion, you can “make it too”
- Whatever age you are, you CAN carve out time for YOU, to find an outside passion, something that lights your fire, gives back, fills your soul.
- Pickleball checks a lot of the boxes of good stuff for YOU, so again if you’re playing Fabulous, if not give it a try, it could be your newest love.
To learn more visit Jennifer’s site: All Pickleball