How Mom Made It! And got Her Product onto Store Shelves Nationwide!
Leeanna Gantt, Founder & CEO, TookTake & TookTake Pets
Leeanna Gantt, a mom and breast cancer survivor, invented a product to help people of all ages get & stay well. Now, she wants to share her story to inspire other moms.
Her story is inspiring! It all started with being diagnosed with cancer. During her chemotherapy, she found herself overwhelmed by the medications she had to take and the schedule of medications. The solution she came up with sparked the beginning of her company- and it all started with a sticky note.
Tooktake is a simple label-based solution that helps busy parents, pet owners, teenagers and kids track their wellness products while allowing them to stay in their child-safe packaging.
Leeanna hopes that her story will inspire others, and she believes that Tooktake will help millions of people get healthy & stay healthy. One dose at a time.
Be sure to listen to how her cancer recovery inspired a popular product invention + her advice for aspiring mom inventors!
Also, be ready to take notes. Leanna is sharing great tips for aspiring mom entrepreneurs and mom inventors. Here’s just a few of the highlights of what to expect during the conversation:
- If you have an idea that you just can’t get out of your head, go for it.
- There is no timeline you have to follow when you are starting something. Some people take years and years or sell one at a time, other people jump in with both feet. They are different but neither is better.
- A few things not to do when you start your business. ( Example: don’t order a ton of packing materials before you have even had one sale : )
- Tips on what you really should have ready before you even think about trying to get into big retail like Walmart and CVS
- Once you do decide to go for it, talk to anyone and everyone you can find to get advice from. Entrepreneurs love to share their frustrations and mis-steps and you can learn so much from the mistakes they have already made. And, they can give some great advice too.
To learn more about Leanna’s journey and her products, visit her site: www.tooktake.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leeannagantt/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/tooktake/ or @tooktake
* This podcast is for entertainment and education purposes only.